Administration for Community Living (ACL)
The Administration for Community Living was created around the fundmental principle that older adults, and people of all ages with disabilities, should be able to live independently and fully participate in their communities.
By advocating across the federal government for older adults, people with disabilities, and families and caregivers; funding services and supports provided by networks of community-based organizations; and investing in research, education, and innovation, ACL helps make this principle a reality for millions of Americans.
National Resource Center on Nutrition and Aging (NRCNA)
The NRCNA's purpose is to build the capacity of senior nutrition programs funded by the Older Americans Act (OAA) to provide high quality, person-centered services, and to assist ACL and stakeholders to identify current and emerging issues and opportunities to enhance program sustainability and resiliency.
The intent of the OAA senior nutrition program is to: reduce food insecurity, hunger and malnutrition; enhance socialization; and promote the health and well-being of older adults.
- Provide technical assistance and resources to promote senior nutrition program flexibility that addresses and responds to external factors (e.g., current and new emergencies).
- Assist the senior nutrition program network in preparing to serve both current and future older adult populations in an integrated manner within the home- and community- based service system.
- Provide training and technical assistance that is consistent with the intent of the OAA to the senior nutrition program network, ACL grantees, and other stakeholder groups.
- Facilitate senior nutrition program network peer communication and sharing of best practices.
- Enhance the aging service network's knowledge regarding the role of nutrition services in health promotion and disease prevention, including the scientific and programmatic evidence that support healthy meals and other nutrition services.
- Improve awareness of the OAA nutrition program with a wide variety of existing and potential stakeholders, to enhance the diversity of ideas, partnerships, and positive outcomes.